Director of Finance and Business Administration
Reports to: Executive Director
Status & Duration: Full-time Exempt
Summary: The Finance Director is responsible for developing, maintaining, and improving all accounting, finance, human resources, facilities and information technology management practices, including:
Finance & Accounting
- Support all aspects of financial operations to accomplish fiscal goals of the organization;
- Develop, maintain, monitor and enforce financial operating policies, procedures and controls;
- Monitor and oversee all aspects of financial reporting, general ledger, accounts receivable, accounts payable, bank reconciliations, budgets, banking relationships, asset management, safeguard assets, theft protection and compliance;
- Work with the Executive Director and senior leadership to maintain/improve FF’s organizational budget and chart of accounts;
- Prepare and present budget reports and financial statements monthly and as needed to ensure leaders have the necessary financial information to operate effectively;
- Oversee and prepare documents for annual audit;
- Develop and implement processes to review and revise organization’s financial systems to ensure they are current, effective and reliable;
- Monitor delinquent accounts and follow up to collect payment.
Human Resources & Payroll
- Manage and prepare weekly payroll;
- Manage relationship with outsourced professional support on all HR practices;
- Prepare and update employment records related to hiring, transferring, promoting, and terminating;
- Explain human resources policies, procedures, laws, and standards to new and existing employees;
- Ensure new hire paperwork is completed and processed;
- Inform job applicants of job duties, responsibilities, benefits, schedules, working conditions, promotion opportunities, etc.;
- Address employment relations issues as they arise;
- Oversee hiring process, which includes coordinating job posts, reviewing resumes, and performing reference checks and onboarding employees;
- Implement and train managers on performance review process.
Facilities & Operations
- Manage and serves as point-person for all day-to-day office operations, procedures and services including furniture, fixtures and equipment (e.g. telecommunications, internet, copiers, AV, etc.), security, supplies, mailing/shipping, maintenance, installation and repairs;
- Oversee and supervise Office & Facilities Manager/Bookkeeper;
- Provide facilities management, including planning and oversight of short and long-term facilities projects, act as liaison for building services and property management, lease management, and compliance oversight;
- Implement and oversee safety functions including emergency preparedness, disaster recovery, business continuity and evacuation procedures and plans;
- Work with city officials and departments to secure proper permits as necessary for events and security;
- Ensure organization is insured properly for all uses.
IT & Business Processes
- Manage relationship with outsourced IT, phone and internet companies;
- Ensure all devices are serviced and updated as needed;
- Establish policies and procedures for file storage, password protection, cloud technologies, email queue, etc.;
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Proficiency of Sage and Excel – at least 7 years of experience and CPA preferred;
- Experience with accounting best practices and familiarity with cash and accrual-based accounting systems; familiarity with A-133 audits preferred
- Ability to interact with all staff members with kindness and integrity;
- Ability to multitask and manage and track a wide variety of tasks in an organized and efficient manner; excellent interpersonal and oral/written communications skills required.
- Non-profit experience preferred.
Salary & Benefits: Salary commensurate with experience with benefit package including 401k, health, dental, flexible spending account and paid vacation.
Equal Opportunity & Diversity: Foster Forward prides itself on being an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Send resume and cover letter by 10/26 to attention of Lisa Guillette – email@example.com